leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plans for 2016?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
von Lucky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Plans for 2016? Reply with quote

At this time of the year it's natural to reflect over the year that's about to end and look forward to the year ahead. I'm in the midst sorting through my mountain, working out what I want to concentrate on for 2016.

All I want to paint at the moment is a 15mm Samurai army for the FoGR competititon in April, and maybe a division of 15mm Napoleonics for July (about 1/3 of an army).

The second plan got quickly shelved when I realised I also wanted to paint a SAGA force for September. I bought the last box set during the week (Conquest Games Normans), giving me 6+ points of Crusaders or Bretons (as my levy are javelin armed). Might also help that I've started to read about Arn again (Crusades trilogy). With Sabot bases they'll be good for Hail Caesar too.

For FoGN I'll try and at least get generals, command points and camp painted so I can borrow a French army in July and have a SAGA force in September.

Everything else I will probably follow the trade winds (I can smell 28mm Maori), as I have enough that I really don't need to buy anything but can probably jump in on something.

So, what are your plans for 2016?
Andrew v I

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's easy. Apart from painting up some terrain to give myself a break, I will be spending the whole year on my 15mm Franco-Prussian War guys. I have been painting them for about 7 months, but I still have a box-full to go and I'm planning on ordering some more. Now I just need someone else to paint an Austrian army.
leadgend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have doing some Australians and Vietnamese for the Long Tan game at Little Wars, finishing my French and Germans for the Hannut game, getting the extra bits for my Prussians done for FOGN and painting more 25/28mm dark ages as I plan to organise a big SAGA Hastings game at the October meeting as it will be the 950th anniversary. Also the Italian colonials if Nic gets them done.
Captain Darling

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: 2016? Reply with quote

Hmm things to do in 2016, well the main two:

1. Get back on track with my Russian v South Australian Skirmish Campaign

2. Build many more VSF vehicles

Just played a FUBAR VSF game Monday night there's a full report is on my blog...
http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporium.blogspot.com.au/

Tally Ho!

Quote from Blackadder Series IV Episode 4
Richard Gordon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2016 will be a year of replacements for me.

It will involve painting up a new French Napoleonic army (sold my old one) and a new Legio Heroica Late Roman army (lovely figures) also as a replacement for my current one which is nice, but not as nice as my new one will be (anyone want to buy a painted Late Roman army?)
Mick.G

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace two dodgy looking cavalry Regiments for my FOGN Austrians, put finishing touches on my FOW Soviets and try to get in more games.

The two cavalry regiments I want to replace are ones I got on eBay, they are the first ones I painted so look very ordinary (I,m not a great painter at the best of times!). Also, I originally based them for a different rule set so the bases are a bit off.

For FOW I want to buy some T26's to finish off early and mid war Soviets. Just ordered some SU76's which will complete my late war list.

Most importantly I just want to play more this year.

Mick.
Richard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finish my 1813 Swedes ( nearly there) , a new force for M& T, maybe French Grens ?
A couple of elements for CanCon FOGR , base my 6mm for Blucher,then paint my Austrian 6 mm- then nothing😀
Well til the next plan
David Inglis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

complete my home made terrain set.

start painting my napoleonic ottoman turks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: