leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Milsims

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Milsims Reply with quote

I posted a query in the Members Only section a little while ago as to whether anyone else was having troubles with Milsims orders. They have not sent me an order which was allegedly in stock and I have had 3 items under order for 7 months now (pre-ordered items which I have since regularly seen in Mindgames grrrr!). I have had not any update from Milsims since October and their website now seems to be "offline under maintenance" whenever I try to check the status of my orders.

Has anyone else encountered problems? Some complaining Facebook posts by other less than cheerful clients have echoed my own experience, but has anyone had any better luck than me lately?

cheers
Mark
Carriage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More bad stories
http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=182354
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milsims website still offline for maintenance and their landline now gives a disconnected message when you telephone.

Caveat emptor!

cheers
Mark
Michael Bornstein

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably something to do with being in either administration or being liquidated
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing lodged with ASIC yet according to the various people watching this in other forums...
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.insolvencynotices.com.au/noticeSummary/turton-pty-ltd-2
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tyler. I have now commenced a Paypal claim for my last Milsims transaction in time (180 days). Any other LoA Milsims customers, err I mean victims, should take urgent action.

A sad, sad way to end 30 years as a retailer...

cheers
Mark
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, lots of people in that (extensive) thread on WargamerAU are saying similar things about it being sad. I understand that. Not my experience though.

I feel like Milsims is the one guy in a big group of friends who used to be so kind and considerate to everyone, but then turned into a jerk about a decade and a half ago, and this month stole a bunch of money from everyone and then ran for the hills. Most of the group is talking about what a tragedy it all is, but everyone my age who only joined in the last ten years is a bit confused. That guy was an asshole; I never trusted him. Why are you all so sad to see him run off/out of business/murdered in a back alley by his loan shark?
Richard Gordon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell us what you really think, Tyler.
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler for next UN General Secretary, huzzah!

But Tyler's perspective is perfectly valid based on his recent experience. They were increasingly crappy to deal with over the last 5 years, that's for sure. And the last 12 months was a total disgrace.

But I did get so many great buys from Milsims over the years before, usually at fair prices, that I cannot help feel a degree of acute nostalgia. With the impending impact of GST being imposed on our Amazon and Book Depository etc purchases come July, which may well simply force a lot of internet traders not to ship to Aus (as if that was not a big enough issue already), I fear that soon we may all be missing the good old Milsims of 5+ years ago more than we presently can say....

cheers
Mark
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't the shop changed hands once or twice?

If it's just the brand that you're nostalgic for, you'll be pleased with this. My good friend Mitch, who runs Joe Dodgy's Dice and Games, has bought the Milsims name and what was left of their stock.

Note he hasn't taken on their debts. He's just going to try to save the parts of the business worth saving.

Here's what he put up on social media:

Quote:
Big News From Joe Dodgy's!

We're proud & excited to announce that Joe Dodgy's Dice and Games has successfuly purchased the remaining assets of Milsims Games from their appointed liquidators.

While the actual remaining assets were well picked over and of limited remaining value, we're very excited to now begin planning to bring back the Milsims brand as a refreshed and reinvigorated retailer.

We remember Milsims as it was at it's height, an absolutely amazing resource for hobby gamers of all types. We want to bring to the Milsims brand our strengths in customer service and order fulfilment to create a purchasing experience that every gamer will enjoy and trust. (Translation: You'll be able to get in contact with us, we'll be nice to deal with and we'll supply your orders.)

If you have an outstanding (UNPAID) order with Milsims that you're still interested in having supplied, please contact us and we'll start investigating what we can do for you. We WANT your business.

If you have an outstanding (PAID) order with Milsims you need to urgently contact the liquidators to register as an unsecured creditor. Their contact details are as follows:

PKF Melbourne
Contact Name: Mitchell Stewart
Direct Line: (03) 9679 2349
Direct email: mstewart@pkf.com.au

Please note that we have only purchased the Misims assets, the original owners are still responsible for all debts and outstanding paid orders.
We will be leaving the Milsims website offline while we consolidate their remaining stock on hand, correct their database, update contact details and otherwise complete a general cleanup. When we make the website live again it will be with correct stock levels so that you can purchase with confidence we'll ship straight away!

We have not taken over the lease on the former MilSims location in Boronia and plan to source a location a bit closer in to the center of town, where hopefully all of our Melbourne customers will be able to come visit. More news as we have it!

If you have any questions, observations, helpful advice or just want to see if we really will answer the phone / an email feel free to get in contact with us.

(This announcement will be posted in a few different locations, but feel free to share, cut & paste etc to get the word out.)

Obviously I'm biased, because Mitch is my mate. But if you ask around Melbourne you'll hear from many others that he's reliable, responsive and fast. Everything the old Milsims wasn't. If anyone can turn around Milsims' shitty name, he can.
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is good news indeed and I have already ordered from Mitch. I hope he has great success when finally rebadges as New Milsims or whatever.
leadgend

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cawdorthane wrote:
Yes, that is good news indeed and I have already ordered from Mitch. I hope he has great success when finally rebadges as New Milsims or whatever.

It's my understanding he is considering using the Milsims name for miniatures, proper wargames etc while using Joe Dodgy for eurogames and such. Either way there should be plenty of choice for everyone!
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my Paypal refund for my last Milsims order and my first two deliveries from Mitch. Any LoA member with outstanding prepaid Milsims orders should lodge their Paypal disputes or credit card challenges ASAP.

Not sure if Mitch should really rush into rebadging as Milsims, the name is pretty much damaged goods within the Aus gaming community at the moment and he would need to do a fair bit of marketing not to be tarred with the same brush, at least in the short term. But his so far swift and efficient service does deserve a fair go in my view!

cheers
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: