leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AAR Austerlitz scenario

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Napoleonics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick.G

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: AAR Austerlitz scenario Reply with quote

Opening move of the Austerlitz scenario in preparation for the FOGN tournament in July. Austrians v Ottomans with British allies. Both armies had massed their cavalry on the same flank so my Austrians began with a charge at the leading Ottomans.

Overview of the battle field looking toward the Pratzen Heights from the Austrian centre. Austrian artillery begins firing at the Ottoman lancers and Guard cavalry in their centre.

Large Austrian infantry division advancing toward Ottoman light cavalry, light infantry and artillery.

The initial clash of cavalry on the right flank saw Austrian heavy shock cuirassiers and light dragoons take on a large Ottoman lancer brigade.

This clash broke the Ottoman lancers who fled rearwards, left the Austrian light dragoons wavering on the spot and the cuirassiers pursuing towards more Ottoman cavalry supported by a British infantry division.

On the left, Ottoman light infantry begin exchanging ineffectual medium range musket fire with the skirmisher screen in front of the blob of Austrian infantry.

In the centre, the Ottoman cav advanced down the road. This road led to the Austrian line of communications, in this scenario, the objective! In response, the Austrian artillery fire became increasingly accurate, disordering the Ottoman heavy lancers.

The cavalry battle on the right drew in more units with the Ottoman guard cavalry charging down off the heights only to fall short of the Austrian cuirassiers; who continue slashing their way forward through the enemy.

Another Ottoman cavalry brigade falls under the sabres of the cuirassiers but they are now wavering themselves.

Exchanges of musket fire continues but now the Austrians open up with cannon fire as well.

Austrian grenzers enter the building but draw masses of fire from Ottoman light infantry and artillery. The conscript infantry form square while the artillery continue to pound the Ottoman heavy lancers attempting to advance down the road.

Austrian uhlans advance to intercept the Ottoman guard cavalry before they can smash the wavering cuirassiers. Unfortunately for the cuirassiers there are more Ottomans to their front.

The Austrian cuirassiers and the Ottoman guard cavalry both break.

The cuirassiers flee for their lives.

Ottoman light cavalry slip down the road but the lancers are taking a beating from the Austrian cannon. The Austrian grenzers in the building are destroyed

No Ottoman cavalry survive on the right flank while the Austrians throw in fresh cuirassiers and hussars. The British veteran infantry form square.

As the Austrian infantry approach the Ottoman line, their General indicates where the counterstroke will fall.

British squares stand firm against the cuirassier's attached gun. The previously blooded Austrian cavalry in the fore ground refuse to rally.

British cannon on the heights protect their squares but draws attention from the Austrian conscript infantry and guns in the centre.

The grenadiers have already fled, and the surviving Hungarian brigade also breaks under the Ottoman assault. We called time at this point and agreed on a draw. Big thanks to my opponent.
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like there's an issue with the photos, Mick. Love a good battle report, but that yawning kitten somehow isn't adding to my understanding of events.
Mick.G

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I promise that I did not post photos of kittens. I will consult my 22 year old computer Sensai to find the problem.
Mick.G

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct photos appear to be back looking from my PC can anyone confirm the photos are actually back please?
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see them now, and I continue to believe fondly in a world where no one else matters, so that should be enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Napoleonics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: