leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter War - 24-25 September

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> 20th/21st Century
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject: Winter War - 24-25 September Reply with quote

The Monday Knights Present;

Winter War... in Spring.

Flames of War

Period : Early War
Dates : 24th and 25th of September 2016
Cost : One Day $15, two days $20
Rounds : Three rounds on the 24th, two rounds on the 25th.
First Round: 9.30 am
Games : Two and a half hours
Draw : Swiss chess draw, player ranking & match up by VP. First round draw to match Axis vs Allies where possible.
Missions : To be rolled randomly, with the caveats that only two of each type of mission can be played, and the same mission cannot be played twice.
Forces : EW period lists composed using Blitzkrieg, Hell Fire & Back, Burning Empires, Rising Sun, Gung-ho or Banzi intelligence briefings, Barbarossa and Barbarossa (digital exclusive content) available from Forces of War. Also we will be allowing forces from Banzi and Gung Ho. Please ensure you use the Pacific War costings.

Venue : Auburn Bowls Club, 2b Munro St Hawthorn East. (Licensed venue, players under 18 are welcome, but must be accompanied by a responsible adult.)

Army lists to winterwar@mondayknights.org.au by the 21st of September. Bonus of 1 VP for army lists received on time.

Don't have an Early War army? Not a problem. Armies are available to borrow for those who want to try out Flames of War, or just don't have an Early War army available. Please email oates.andrew@gmail.com for more details.

Trophies
1st on VP
2nd on VP
3rd on VP
Best Painted

Notes:
Games that do not make 8 turns without a result will be considered a fair fight for determination of victory.

Warriors whose death grants a bonus VP will instead subtract one VP from the fielding player.

We invite all players to join us on the Saturday night for a meal and drink to discuss tales of Victory, tales of defeat and how it was all Chippy's fault.
Mick.G

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to this one, just have to make a decision; roll out the trusty Early war Polish motorised infantry again or try to finish my Russian tankovy in time for the tournament.
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably be taking my Czech Panzerkompanie. We would very much prefer to shoot at Polish trucks than be shot at by Russian T-34s.
Mick.G

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Polish trucks it is!
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How accommodating.

I suspect I could win a lot of battles if I were allowed to call up the opposing company commander in advance and make requests.
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaping up to be an interesting comp. Along with the usual suspects, there are rumours of some oddities. Frenchmen in a desert fort might make an appearance. Maybe some US Marines with early war equipment.
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heads up to please get lists in to winterwar@mondayknights.org.au by the 21st.
Mick.G

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do, my Polish motorised infantry will be there. I was waiting for a new platoon that I ordered but looks like I will have go with what I have.
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need to borrow miniatures that's not hard to arrange. There's at least one Polish army floating around that I don't think are being used.
Mick.G

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyed the tournament even though my Polish motorised infantry only won 1 out of 3 games - I only played day 1. Next time I'm taking Russian Tankovy even if Tyler likes shooting at Polish trucks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> 20th/21st Century All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: