leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skirmish AAR 1879 Russian Invasion of Australia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Horse & Musket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Darling

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject: Skirmish AAR 1879 Russian Invasion of Australia Reply with quote

Hry guys, I don't usually post my AARs here so as not to get in the way of your local games but this is an Australian themed campaign game I started quite a while ago so may be of interest.

This game was played a yaer ago so the AAR is long overdue. Its pitting Russians against Australians. This is set during a hypothetical Russian Invasion of Australia in 1879...I know sounds stupid but the Russian Invasion fear sprang up several times during the 19th Century.

This game pits an understrength unit of Siberians with a few Cossacks in support against South Australian's of the Adelaide Rifle Company.

The Colonials were defending a palisade on a crucial roadway...

The melee for the redoubt...read palisade...was pretty hot!

The winner was the Colonials! "Yeah bugger orf you hairy Cossacks!"

The full AAR is here:
http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporium.blogspot.com.au/2016/10/stanleys-redoubt-aar.html

Ant the Scenario Information and Set Up details are below:
http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporium.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/campaign-game-4-stanleys-redoubt.html
http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporium.blogspot.com.au/2016/10/campaign-game-4-set-up-details-special.html

The first three scenarios of this campaign are on my blog as well as the 'historical' background behind the whole invasion...I have scenario 5 ready to roll and with the Russian down 3 to 1 in a best of seven series they had better 'pull their finger out'

Cheers!

Quote from Blackadder Series IV Episode 4
von Lucky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, very atmospheric photos. Great AAR, and I like the back story and campaign "special event" (I'm stealing the heart attack idea).
Captain Darling

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:12 am    Post subject: Skirmish AAR Reply with quote

Thanks Von Lucky!

Quote from Blackadder Series IV Episode 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Horse & Musket All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: