leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battle of Eylau 210th Anniversary Refight in Feb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Napoleonics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Gordon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Battle of Eylau 210th Anniversary Refight in Feb Reply with quote

To commemorate this bloody encounter in the snow, and to give more players exposure to the FOG N v2 changes, I will be putting on the Battle of Eylau at the League in Feb.

Emperor John Shaw, will be ably assisted by Marshals Adrian Fryer, Django Upton and Daniel Karakaltsas in trying to overwhelm the green clad Generals Steve Green, Andrew Mezzi and Steve Kennedy. I expect it to be about 2,500 to 3,000 points a side.

Anyone else wanting to arrange FOG N games on the day and try out v2, I will be around to help explain the changes, and if you're not on my mailing list receiving the updated summary changes and want to be, drop me a note.
Steve Green

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to pass on a big thankyou to Richard for organising this battle.
It was great fun, and the table looked amazing. The new rules worked really well, though the speed at which things happen came as a bit of a surprise. The new pursuit rules, where the victor can roll a new pursuit distance with each victory, were particularly devastating - units more than 8MU behind the initial point of contact are no longer safe from cav as they once were!

Congratulations to John, Daniel, Django and Adrian on a pretty comprehensive victory. Because the game was played with an army break point, rather than for individual corps, they attained victory by breaking every unit in my corps. Soult (John) and Murat (Daniel) tore Bagration (me) the proverbial new one while Davout (Django) kept Docturov (Andrew) occupied on our left, and Augerau (Adrian) did the same to Sacken (Steve) on the right.

I'll just say that one more time - every unit in my corps Shocked
First time for everything I suppose! Rolling Eyes
Richard Gordon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you had fun Steve, despite the result. Yes I think the new pursuit moves will lead to more decisive outcomes, but should also lead to players drawing up new plans to counter them.

I was going to do the 2nd major 1807 campaign battle, Friedland, in June but players will probably be wanting to have some one on one battle practice ahead of the July comp so I'll defer it probably to August.
Geoff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you took some photos. Would love to see the table setup and all those figures!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Napoleonics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: