leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ADLG tournament Postscript: Progressive Score Board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Ancients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peacemaker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: ADLG tournament Postscript: Progressive Score Board Reply with quote

Just wanted to say thanks to the Committee and Michael B for managing the tournament so well and keeping it both low key and efficient. I was only there for Sunday but enjoyed running my Burgundians against Michael's Normans and Karsten's beautifully painted Germans ( he deservedly won the painting prize). The Club is a really friendly place and there is lots of intensity but bonhomie as well...no doubt aided by the good German beers available.

I must say I found the scoring a mystery until I finally read the post about it...it seems to heavily favour the victor but perhaps that's not such a bad thing?

I would suggest that it may have been useful to have a running sheet/Board with the names/armies and progressive scores of all players that everyone could follow. This would heighten the interest of both those playing and those who are just spectating. It would also add to the further transparency of the competition process as well. I would be happy to facilitate this at the next competition to give it a test run.

Finally, the trophies were terrific ....
Peter (Peacemaker)
von Lucky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scoring is brutal - but it is rewarding players to not sit back and play for a draw.

The running tally is hard to set up between game 1 & 2, and 3 & 4, but definitely something that makes you think between the days (this is true for all 2 day tournaments the League runs). Will we have one of us in a mankini and a score card between rounds? Hopefully not.

Finally the link to the BADGA wargaming club:
https://badga.org.au/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BADGA/photos/

The club based in Ballarat (Eureka) seems to be only 28mm sci-fi (40K, Warmachine, etc).

(And thanks for the compliment.)
Michael Bornstein

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time, we did scoreboards but that was when we had 40+ players in a competition.

Too much like hard work as most players know where they are positioned by the draw and talking o each other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Ancients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: