leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mortem et Gloriam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Ancients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peacemaker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Mortem et Gloriam Reply with quote

Just getting back into some wargaming and looking forward to a morning ADLG stoush with Jonathan on the 15 Oct. I am enquiring if anyone would be interested in having a discussion/exploration of the Mortem et Gloriam rules (which I have just acquired) say around 3 with a view to a possible game in the future? For those interested there are explanatory videos on "Medieval Warrior" and "Dash of Elan" sites.
Peter (Peacemaker)
martymagnificent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any of you gents give MeG a try?

I only ask because I'm considering giving it a go and would be interested in what you found.

Martin
Peacemaker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Mortem et Gloriam Reply with quote

Hi Martin
I did not get any takers...if you are around on the Sunday of the ADLG tournament we can meet up and discuss the rules....I would be interested in giving them a go at some time.
Peacemaker
martymagnificent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean the Cancon tournament?

I'll be there but I'm playing FOGN. I would like to talk about them (I should be getting my copy today) although my view probably wont have much practical value to what you gents prefer at the League as I am in Sydney.

I like the look of more models and actual units as opposed to ADLG. Having said that ADLG is a tight set of rules that play well so I'm not convinced I'm in the market for a change.

Martin
Peacemaker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin
We are having an ADLG competition down here in Melbourne in November. I am going to Cancon and playing in the DBA tornament (dont like the look of 300 point games in ADLG over 3 days)...will look out for you there and I will bring the M & G rules.
Peacemaker
martymagnificent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a good read of them now.

I think they look like they would be a hoot. I will have probably tried them a couple of times By Cancon

Martin
Peacemaker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again
Dean from Olympian Games has started a Facebook page: Mortem et Gloriam Antipodes
https://www.facebook.com/mortemetgloriamAU/
He is thinking of running a tournament in Canberra in the first half of next year.
Peacemaker
martymagnificent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried a few games of MeG. I quite like it. Lots of models, quick and an interesting activation system. Don't think it's quite reached the level of refinement of ADLG (which is after all a 3rd edition) but is, to my mind, a bit more colourful/exciting. If I have a criticism of ADLG it is that it can sometimes be a bit bland.

Martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Ancients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: