leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saga 2 february

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Ancients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dapooley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Saga 2 february Reply with quote

Who can skill me up in Saga 2 next feb, Milites Christi have I.
von Lucky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean March?
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only battle-boards for the Saga 2 Age of Vikings "Universe" are:

Anglo-Saxons
Anglo-Danes
Scots
Welsh
Normans
Carolingians
Vikings
Joms Vikings
Last Romans (i.e. Byzantium)
Norse-Gaels
Irish
Pagan Rus
[plus some ring-ins at the back of the Age of Vikings book from Arthur & Aetius and the Age of Crusades books]

Milites Christi etc will have to stand in as Normans or Carolingians under Saga 2 Age of Vikings, unless you are playing in the Age of Crusades Saga "Universe".

Reading between the lines, it looks to me as though the lists from the Arthur & Aetius book/battle boards and The Age of Crusades book/battle boards remain playable under Saga 2, but only within their own Saga "Universe" unless an express exception applies.

cheers
Mark
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Saga Forum I found a quote from the author as to A&A:

A&A will need an update, as was pointed during the discussion. This is actually a 3pgs update that lists the few things that need to be considered when looking at the book with the new edition rules. And most are cosmetic or minor page reference numbers, etc...

This update will be available as download for free from our website.

As some wording have changed in the battleboards (that do not change the way the abilities work, but more the way they are explained) we will also release an update pack, with the 6 battleboards from the book with the wording adapted to 2nd edition and the errata printed properly tp be included in the book. Again, this is not really needed, but we thought that players would appreciate having boards with the proper wording, though, to be honest, you can play with the previous ones without any need to refer to the update.

This update pack will be included in any future copies of A&A sold after the release of Saga 2 without any increase of the price tag of the book, and will be available separately for a limited time (read: we print X copies, and once they are gone, they are gone).

We plan to keep the price tag of the update pack as low as possible. This is a product we're doing for the Saga players, so they just to put the leaflet (which is actually a signle sheet) in their book, and replace the "reworded" battleboards with new ones. But again, this is not mandatory as most of the rewording is "cosmetic" to quote one of the original poster. But as we love nice and clean stuff ourselves, we thought you would like it too?

Hope it helps
Alex Buchel

From the forum, it seems that a more full scale revision of Crescent & Cross is intended, but the view is that most of the C&C boards are playable under Saga 2. But I doubt anyone would be too fussed about this for the time being in a Saga friendly game...

cheers
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Ancients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: