leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BA 2e this Sunday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> 20th/21st Century
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject: BA 2e this Sunday Reply with quote

Bruce and I will be trying out Bolt Action 2nd Edition this Sunday am. Is anyone interested in an afternoon game?

cheers
Mark
leadgend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: BA 2e this Sunday Reply with quote

Cawdorthane wrote:
Bruce and I will be trying out Bolt Action 2nd Edition this Sunday am. Is anyone interested in an afternoon game?

cheers
Mark

Yes to an afternoon game if you are providing both armies. Unfortunately my Russians still require assembly!
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Django

Shoot me your Russian list and I should be able to field what you need (or something Ersatz that's close).

cheers
Mark
leadgend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just interested in a game to get my head around the rules again as I haven't played it in a couple of years. My Russians are the starter box with a few bits and pieces added so I don't have anything weird but would like to try a variety of unit types, morale grades etc. A quick back of the envelope 1000 point list:
1st Lt officer + 1 man
Medic + 1 man
Inexp Squad with 12 riflemen and AT grenades
Reg Squad each with 8 men: LMG + assistant, 3 SMG, 3 Riflemen. One has a Panzerfaust as well
Reg Squad each with 8 men: LMG + assistant, 3 SMG, 3 Riflemen. One has a Panzerfaust as well
Vet Squad with 9 men: LMG + assistant, 3 SMG, 4 Riflemen. One has a Panzerfaust as well
Reg MMG team (3 crew)
Reg ATR team (2 crew)
Vet sniper team (2 crew)
Reg Flamethrower team (2 crew)
Vet Zis-3 divisional gun team (4 crew)
Reg T34/85
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Django I can field pretty much all of that, though my T34/76 will have to stand in for the T34/85. That list certainly seems to me to tick all the boxes of the preferred list concepts for the coming BA Event - not too many Veteran Infantry squads (which do rock by the way) and a pretty nice and even spread of support team types. Stacks of AT capacity too... quite nasty. Shame you could not squeeze in something to pull the Zis-3 AT-Gun

cheers
Mark
leadgend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok how about drop the T34 back to a T34/76 and add a truck to tow the gun. comes out about the same points.
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems! I always think a static AT-Gun is simply too easily avoided by enemy armour and ultimately just an expensive target for your foe to attack.

cheers
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> 20th/21st Century All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: