Joined: 25 Jul 2013
|Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:51 am Post subject: Wings of Glory event flyer
|BATTLE of BRITAIN DAY WINGS of GLORY TOURNAMENT
Kayjays Games & Hobbies presents a fun, relaxed afternoon of World War II dogfighting Wings of Glory action. Kayjays: 1/2D Parker Street, Footscray.
Wings of Glory is a World War II air combat miniatures game using 1/200 scale aircraft. Saturday 15th of September is Battle of Britain day in the UK and so is perfect for an afternoon of dog fighting - Spitfires v Messerschmitts, along with many other fighter planes.
Games begin at 1pm. Four games will be scheduled with a maximum 60 minutes per game.
Standard Rules as detailed in the Wings of Glory rule book will be used (page 11) note this means altitude rules will NOT be used.
Tailing Rule will be used (page 1.
Aim Rule will be used (page 20).
Ace Rules will be used (page 21).
Rookie pilots and pre game damage are permitted.
Special Abilities will be used (page 22) and paid for according to the Ares Games point system (download from Ares Games website). The following special abilities are permitted:
Itchy Trigger Finger
Squadrons are limited to 335 points based on Ares Games official points value chart (download from Ares Games website). Any Wings of Glory or Wings of War aircraft are welcome.
• 2 X Messerschmitt Bf109 E-3 = 334 points
• 2 X Supermarine Spitfire Mk I/II = 326 points
• 2 X Mitsubishi A6M2 (Zero) = 312 points
• 2 X Hawker Hurricane Mk I = 288 points
Bring your favourite fighter planes, movement deck, damage counters and range ruler.
WINGS OF GLORY DOGFIGHT SCENARIOS
1. Straight up dog fight: aircraft are deployed anywhere on your own baseline.
2. Delayed Wingman: wingman is deployed anywhere on your own baseline but leader is deployed one range ruler forward from wingman. Optional: clouds.
3. Random Deployment: aircraft are deployed as Leader/Wingman. Dice for entry point as follows; 1 - left side within a range ruler of corner, 2 - baseline within a range ruler of left corner, 3 - baseline at least a range ruler but no more than two rulers of left corner, 4 - baseline at least a range ruler but no more than two rulers of right corner, 5 - baseline within a range ruler of right corner, 6 - right side within a range ruler of corner. Optional: clouds.
4. Defend the airfield: place your “airfield card” (represented by a red dot Ground Target Card) anywhere on your baseline, half a range ruler in and at least one ruler from sides. Aircraft are up patrolling and deployed using Random Deployment. An airfield can be destroyed by strafing (14 hit points, page 36) or bombing (page 3. An airfield counts as 150 points. Optional: clouds.
Game duration: 60 minutes.
Winning the game: the player who destroys all enemy aircraft or with the highest score at the end of the game wins.
How to score points: for each enemy aircraft destroyed you score points equal to its value. Aircraft point values are listed on the Ares Games point system. Half-points are awarded for each enemy aircraft reduced to below half at the end of the game.
Any questions: email@example.com