leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playtesters wanted: space opera skirmish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dapooley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Playtesters wanted: space opera skirmish Reply with quote

Sol'una is a concept and system that I started many years ago and have recently returned to. Alpha rules in pdf with some background can be downloaded here and here. I need playtesters and feedback. For the beginning its open slate for 'character generation', the rules supply what the average set of stats and a list of weapons, effects and abilities that can be stacked on top of each other along with profile attribute changes. Use any old (or GW) 28mm figures.

Soon I will come up with an introductory scenario using the gridboard playing method (squares) with counters to print and cut out.

dp
jared

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks pretty damn good Damian. I will have to print it off for a better look (I suck at reading off a screen). I would be interested to try it out sometime but, unfortunately, I won't be at the club probably until next year (flippin' renovations). I was wondering what sort of miniatures you had in mind for the game. What I first thought of were some Flash Gordon-style 28mm models tht I have seen somewhere out there.

Also wondering what you intended for the illustrations...I might know someone who could do that sort of job.
dapooley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've hit the Ming's guard right on the head. Flash Gordon is a big influence along with Leiji Matsumoto (space battleship yamato, galaxy express 999), Dune and manga. Art Deco (luna) and Art Nouveau (Sol) and the 20's and noir are more stylistic influences. A Space Opera needs style.

The introduction scenario (i've yet to playtest!) is Flash and Barin's duel in the hawkmen city. With little colour cut outs of our heroes. Cool

Miniatures wise... anything... that can be sci-fi and pulp. bronze age has savage world mars stuff and they would be savages to the tech level of Sol'una. cut-outs will accompany the scenarios.

I'd be really interested in artists that can capture the feel. Roughs (like the cover) and storyboards are about as good as i can go.

Introductory scenario has been uploaded here and map and counters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: