leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1813 Campaign - follow all the updates here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Napoleonics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Bornstein

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be your "enlightened" leadership.
Richard Gordon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next orders are due tomorrow.

If there are any battles they will be part of turn 13. The Austrians & French in the west near Herzberg have confirmed they will be fighting so no need for those corps to put in orders. The corps around Dahme need to decide whether to fight or not as part of turn 13 orders.

There won’t be any campaign fights this weekend as we haven’t found any mutually convenient diary dates. Please let me know your availability for a game next Sunday.

Anyone wanting a friendly/learning game, I will be hosting at least one battle at my house this Sunday.
Richard Gordon

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest update from the weekend's battles here

http://1813campaignloa.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/austrians-outmanouevred-and-fight.html

Next orders for Turn 14 are due on Saturday
Richard Gordon

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update from turn 14 is here.

http://1813campaignloa.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/austrians-at-bay-desperate-battle-to-be.html

A battle will be fought at the club on Sunday as part of turn 15 but turn 15 orders for the other corps are still due on Saturday.
Richard Gordon

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The news is that the Austrians have suffered a major defeat with Richard & Dave’s combined corps going down to a major defeat against John and his 2 sub generals, Adrian and Scott.

In terms of the rules, the net effect of this is that the Austrian King now sues for peace which means 2 of the 3 major Allied powers have surrendered. In terms of the French victory conditions, this means the French win the campaign!

Well done to John and his Marshals, ably assisted by Mark in the 1st half of the campaign.

See the battle report from today's fight here:
http://1813campaignloa.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/austria-capitulates-french-triumphant.html

I am conscious that we have some new players on board, some who have only made one move, so we are keen to keep a campaign going for as many players as want to participate.

We are debating whether to restart the 1813 campaign again, or do a different year. In favour of doing 1813 is that we have everything we need and could get going within a week or two. Also, with a few tweaks to the scenario, we could ensure everyone gets more games. A different campaign will take a little longer to set up.

Anyone who has a strong opinion either way, let me know. John is keen to take over the umpire’s reins (sucker) so he will become “god” for the next campaign. Any new players who want to put up their hands to play in the next campaign, let us know.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone for the campaign. I’ve really enjoyed umpiring it, especially since it’s been played in such good spirit, and everyone has been mostly diligent in getting their orders in on time, in some form or other.

Cheers
Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Napoleonics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: