leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bolt Action or Chain of Comand in June?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> 20th/21st Century
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AaronC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:10 am    Post subject: Bolt Action or Chain of Comand in June? Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Anyone interested in a game of one of the above in the June meeting? I'd prefer morning if possible. I can do late war Germans, late war English or Afrika Korp for Bolt action.

I haven't played Chain of Command, but I've had the rules for quite a while so would love to give it a try. Probably best if my opponent had played before! My armies would be similar to the above.

thanks

Aaron
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aaron,

I would be happy to give you a game with my 1941 or 1942 Australian 9th Division. A Morning game is fine.

cheers
Mark
AaronC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,
Sounds great. Bolt action? I have 800pts fully done and am working on another 200pts. So 800 or 1000 is fine. Do you have a preference? The list I have is based around a small Kampfgruppe formed in December 1942. There is nothing in it, however that he Germans wouldnt have been using earlier that year so your 1942 Australians is probably the go.

Aaron
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, definitely Bolt Action. My preference for WW2 is to play early through to early-mid war. Once Panzerfausts/Bazookas/Panzerschrecks and super tanks proliferate things can be a little too messy for my liking!

I can do either 800 or 1,000 points but would prefer 1,000. I can lend you any missing Afrika Korps stuff you need to make up the points if you let me know in advance.

cheers
Mark
AaronC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Mark,
1000 pts should be fine. No panzerfausts, panzerschrecks or super tanks in my list! Only a Panzer III.
I have a panzershreck that I've tried using a couple of times in my Fallschirmajer list but at 105 pts fro the veteran version it is terrible! Bolt action is a funny game where you have to decide between historical accuracy and game points efficiency sometimes.

I should be ok with the extra points. Just need to do a couple more guys to finish it off.

Aaron.
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Aaron, I will run either a Tommy Cooker or a Matilda with my Aussies.

I have found Bolt Action to be brilliant in period, but I am a little wary of playing historically mismatched points driven games.

cheers
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> 20th/21st Century All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: