leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DW Campaign: Hurricane Season - Phase 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pawprint

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: DW Campaign: Hurricane Season - Phase 2 Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

Well, it's time to start planning the next Phase of the campaign. As before, please refer to the rules thread in this sub-forum for how you can spend your Command Points. Remember that the pool of Small and Medium squadrons has decreased, to encourage repair orders at some point. Also, planning to play only one battle per meeting seems to be the most effective so far, due to time limits, other games/commitments and player availability. Do as you wish, but you have been warned. Smile

Could all players please send me their orders (email or PM) by the end of Sunday 8 November? This gives me a week to prepare the map and get things ready. Also remember that there is a tournament on at LOA that weekend, so space and players may be at a premium.

Phase 2 Threat Zone (general): Lesser Antilles

Phase 2 Bonus Missions

Battle of the Caribbean: A Bond flotilla heads into the teeth of the Coalition's defenses.

Players: Any
Threat Zone: Caribbean Sea
Requirements:
* Large Fight
Benefit: +1 CMP if victorious

Cheers!
Michael A
Mercenary Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Michael,

I will be spending all of my Command Points on repairs / replacements for Phase 2, so no combat / games for me in Phase 2.

If any Grand Coalition players are doing the same or similar, we could potentially jump ahead in to Phase 3 if you are willing ?

cheers
Roger

P.S. you may want to send an email to say you have started this thread, otherwise players may not see this thread.
Guy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael,
If the bad guy's wish to pause their offensive, I'd be delighted to spend the phase repairing and crack straight into phase 3.
Cheers
Guy
Mercenary Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Guy,

as you are one of the bad guys, you get to choose whether you stop your offensive or not.

If you would like tactical or strategic assistance from one of us good guys, we can certainly consult for you. At a price of course.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Razz
Guy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why thank you old chap, what a splendid offer. Please send a couple of those Konigsberg floating generators of yours and the people of Kingston will put them to good use running some extra xmas lights. Cheerio! The Brits 😃😃😉
Mercenary Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly Very Happy

But beware the Lighthouse. Razz (it moves in the Dark)
jared

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm aiming to get to the November meeting by lunchtime if any Coalition players are actually up for a fight in this round.
Or you can skulk around fixing leaks.
Whatever.
Martin Morgan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be time travelling back to the distant past in ancient Greece. Apparently the King wants the army to go and rescue some woman from a place called Troy. So I guess my fleet will be repairing and skulking in harbour. It will take to the waves again in December to take on any Bond fleet that dares to venture out of harbour.

Regards
Martin
Mercenary Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin Morgan wrote:
I will be time travelling back to the distant past in ancient Greece. Apparently the King wants the army to go and rescue some woman from a place called Troy.

Regards
Martin

so much for Queen and Country then. Mr. Green
Mercenary Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we almost all seem to be in a repair / rebuilding mood, maybe we call Phase 2 a pause in proceedings by all sides and move straight onto the next phase and combat ?

Still need a couple of Grand Coalition players though to make two games happen at the next club meeting. Unless we go for a couple of pickup games outside of the campaign ?

Or if anyone is up for a game of Star Wars X-Wing ??
Just fighters, no large base (or bigger) ships.
Guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roger,
Definitely up for a campaign game for LoA in November. Like you I would rather repair a few ships in phase 2 now that we have a reduced pool, and move straight into a battle in phase 3, but not sure how that will fit with Michael's plans. I think the whole idea was to force us to start to spend cps on repair instead of dirty tricks etc....

Guy
Mercenary Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy wrote:
Hi Roger,
I think the whole idea was to force us to start to spend cps on repair instead of dirty tricks etc....

Guy

Problem is though, that even with the reduced cap on dirty tricks, spending points on both combat and repairs leaves you doing both halfheartedly.

Even before I had played game 2 and the change in rules, I had decided on a phase of repair/replacement, without combat, as being the optimum way of spending points, rather than risk a combat against a vastly superior force.

The biggest hurdle appears to be the low number of regular players which magnifies when one of us decides not to combat for a phase.

I don't see a fix for this unless we have pre-made fleets for both sides and ask any interested party to proxy as the required opposition for any given player on a game day.
Guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right that it would be the most efficient. You think you've got problems, it looks as though I will be the sole GC player again next time (that's 2 out of 3 now). Given this, I currently have the most broken fleet, so perfectly content to have a repair phase if everyone else wants to. Regardless, have decided to just crack on, play games and see what happens. I'll have fun with it even if I do end up with a mostly scrapped fleet.... Michael, you suggested you might do something cp-wise about the fact that there are less GC players.. Any chance?
Tally ho!
Guy
Guy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael,
Following on from the discussion on the forum got me thinking. At the moment those who fight battles will be at a disadvantage compared to those who don't fight as many. For instance, I may well end up fighting the Italians, who have a completely untouched fleet having been somewhat battle-shy to date (no stereotypes there then 😃), while I am down cps trying to fix my battle damaged fleet... I think this is why Roger is looking to stay in dry dock for phase 2. How about giving cps for repair/replacements to anyone who takes part in a battle to avoid skewing in favour of those who only show occasionally. DW is a fairly destructive system so would suggest say 3 cp as even playing well and winning a game, you might expect to lose 1 small and 1 med squadron.... As it stands, if I continue to fight every phase I'll inevitably get ground down trying to fight while making repairs. Just a thought, Brittanian will continue to try to rule the waves, fully equipped with stiff upper lip regardless. Will be around for a game at the next LoA.
Cheers Guy
jared

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy, I feel your pain. I'm sure we can reach some accommodation that satisfies the honor of both nations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: