leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FoW Megagame 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> 20th/21st Century
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or perhaps something from the Greek or Crete campaigns. I remember most fondly a fabulous old ASL scenario involving Fallschirmjaegers trying to seize a bridge over the Corinth Gulf defended by a mixed force of Tommies, Aussies & Kiwis whilst Alpenjaeger and a column of Panzergrenadiers try to fight their way through. No reason why a force of Bersaglieri could not have also been landed to the South....

An action around one the seizures of the critical airfields in Crete could be fun too.

cheers
Mark
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have British infantry for both Italy and the desert. Haven't actually played a game of the current edition of FoW though.
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have discovered that someone has already reworked this ASL scenario, "Rehearsal for Crete", as a FoW game.

To do this scenario, we would have to put together 1 1500pt company of British Rifles (with a little armoured support of a Troop of Bren Carriers and maybe 2 Matildas), 1 1000pt company of Australian Rifles and 1 1000pt company of NZ Rifles that would be the allies (the bridge would be defended at either end by 2 gun Bofors batteries). No British air support.

The Axis need 1 1250pt Fallschirmjaeger Kompanie, 1 1500pt Panzergrenadier Kompanie (no more than 1 platoon each of Armoured Cars and Panzer III's), 1 1000pt Alpenjaeger Kompanie and 1 1000pt Bersaglieri Company.

The above would require 7 of us to play.

But I am also very happy to consider other ideas too, however.

cheers
Mark
von Lucky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, a few weeks became a few months.

I split the time periods (EW, MW & LW) and the theatres (Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Italy and North Africa).

Looking at the numbers there's definitely enough here for a few large games:

1. MW Italy (11 armies, 7 players)
2. MW Eastern Front (10 armies, 6 players)
3. LW Western Front (9 armies, 6 players)
4. LW Italy (9 armies, 6 players)
5. LW Eastern Front (11 armies, 7 players)

I also think there's enough for two large games, one MW and the other LW.

Based on the above Mark you'd be able to run the MW game in the Med, while I'll organise a LW Eastern Front Game.

I'm going to lock a day in now, because if I don't I can see things won't get off the ground. I plan to run the LW Eastern Front game in May. New thread to follow in the next few weeks.
Noah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good.
Darvis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can come along. I've mainly got US forces, but I did paint up 5 stugs if that will be of any use.
Charles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

if there is room for one more then I have lots of German mid/late war infantry and a few platoons of Russian mid/late infantry.

Charles
von Lucky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Charles - always room for more. I will post details in the next few weeks.
von Lucky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, can I get a roll call of who's in for this next month and what side (Soviet or German)?

You can field any 1000 point infantry list (by company type) from Grey Wolf or Red Bear that's Soviet or German.

Soviets:
Minimum 750 points from Combat & Weapons platoons.

German:
Minimum 500 points from Combat & Weapons platoons.

Corps/Divisional support start off table in Reserves for Soviets, Delayed Reserves for the Germans.

The table will be 4' deep, and about 3' wide per person (ie if we have 4 people playing on each side the table will be 12' wide).

Terrain will be late 1944 in Poland; just before winter. There will be 2 objectives for each 6' or part there of in play.
Noah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for Soviets...
leadgend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In with my Germans.
Noah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

von Lucky wrote:
Okay, can I get a roll call of who's in for this next month and what side (Soviet or German)?

You can field any 1000 point infantry list (by company type) from Grey Wolf or Red Bear that's Soviet or German.

Soviets:
Minimum 750 points from Combat & Weapons platoons.

German:
Minimum 500 points from Combat & Weapons platoons.

Corps/Divisional support start off table in Reserves for Soviets, Delayed Reserves for the Germans.

The table will be 4' deep, and about 3' wide per person (ie if we have 4 people playing on each side the table will be 12' wide).

Terrain will be late 1944 in Poland; just before winter. There will be 2 objectives for each 6' or part there of in play.

I must say, it being 1944... and Poland... it seems like the Soviets are going to have a lot of trouble getting any kind of tanks on the field... unless I've missed something and the scenario is some kind of counter attack or something...?

Edit: I place emphasis on Soviets because they seem to have only 250 points to play with tanks/arty wise whilst Germans have 500.
von Lucky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plan is to keep things infantry heavy. It's not the main thrust of the Soviets, hence the lack of tank support possible (light tanks or small platoons of TDs being the order of the day).

And yes, there is a possibility that one side is defending while the other attacks, or both attacking. Definitely not both defending.

Additional (random) support from my collection will also be available on the day for both sides. Some of it may be useful. Some of it not. Air will be a possibility within in this pool - so that's one thing you can't selecy in your 1000 points.

With only one reserve platoon possibly available per turn, you might want to increase the amount of combat and weapons platoons you know you will have on board at the beginning.

I imagine we'll start at 10:00 and be done (with an hour for lunch) around 3:00 (depending on the amount of players).
Ian P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll run Soviets.

Ian Poade.
Noah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

von Lucky wrote:
The plan is to keep things infantry heavy. It's not the main thrust of the Soviets, hence the lack of tank support possible (light tanks or small platoons of TDs being the order of the day).

And yes, there is a possibility that one side is defending while the other attacks, or both attacking. Definitely not both defending.

Additional (random) support from my collection will also be available on the day for both sides. Some of it may be useful. Some of it not. Air will be a possibility within in this pool - so that's one thing you can't selecy in your 1000 points.

With only one reserve platoon possibly available per turn, you might want to increase the amount of combat and weapons platoons you know you will have on board at the beginning.

I imagine we'll start at 10:00 and be done (with an hour for lunch) around 3:00 (depending on the amount of players).

Okay, fair enough, I'm looking forward to this. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> 20th/21st Century All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: