leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FoG:N at CANCON?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Napoleonics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trailape

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: FoG:N at CANCON? Reply with quote

Hi
I think I recall someone (Richard?) discussing the idea of running FoG:N at CANCON.
If so can we get some confirmation?
I ask because I know there is a push to get a Napoleonics tournament up and running OTHER than the usual AWRG 'Star Burst' of Napoleonic fluff that happens every year.
Also the idea of nothing but NaW (FoW with Cavalry and pretty colours) being the only other offering for the Napoleonic gamers makes me vomit a bit in my mouth,... Shocked
Cheers
Scott
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott,

It was me talking about running it. I've been doing a bit of chasing up on this. Spoke to one member of the committee who organise Cancon and approve (or not) events. He made quite positive noises, but can't confirm that I would get the space and the tick of approval until I go through the official channels and apply to have the event. One thing they want to see is a ballpark figure for how many people might attend. The runaway success of the League's recent event run by Richard Gordon is certainly a helpful indicator, but of course that didn't have to compete with all the other events that will be held at Cancon.

When or if I get approval from the Cancon organisers to run FOGN at Cancon 2015, I'll be sure to get the info out through the League, MK, Slitherine and other forums, and anywhere else I can think of. You'll hear from me.
trailape

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tyler
There is a discussion on FB:
The groups purpose is the get as many Napoleonic gaming systems up and running for CanCon 2015 which is held in Act over the January long weekend.
So far we have interest in the following gaming systems.
Awrg -organiser are Dom Odwyer & George Stoic.

George Stoic is keen to get a POC for FoG:N
I'm happy to be the PoC if you're happy

https://www.facebook.com/groups/612902995475394/612908175474876/?notif_t=group_comment_reply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Napoleonics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: