leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Capatin Darling Reporting For Duty...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Darling

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Capatin Darling Reporting For Duty... Reply with quote

Hi All,

Found this site through a link on the Honour Blucher page so thought I'd better join up and keep an eye on it!

I have been wargamming since the late 1970s!

I started out with Airfix 1/72 stuff then graduated to 15mm figures and have moved to 6mm for everything except skirmishing which i do in 28mm.

My main areas of interest are the Napoleonic, ACW and WW II periods but love a bit of alternative colonial ers action every now and then.

6mm is great for my main interestes as I can field large armies in a small space and the scale looks right to the eye.

I still have my Airfix and 15mm napoleonic figures but they are all for dispaly only now days.

I have a partner (she shuns my hobbies but gives me space!), a dog, three cars (Holden FJ ute, Volvo1800 & a Mitusbishi something or rather) and my partner has two cats (grrr!).

Anyway looking forward to visiting here regularly!

Cheers
Darling
AKA Pete

Quote from Blackadder Series IV Episode 4
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pete, good to meet you! Always thrilled to have new people come along. I'm Tyler, current club President. It's a largely ceremonial role, but I do get a nifty hat.

You'll definitely find people playing Blucher in 6mm amongst the League's members. If you take a look at the Napoleonic section of this forum, there's an ongoing thread where a number of our members have tried the game and are planning future outings.

During our next meeting we'll be running a Renaissance era tournament in 15mm using the FOGR rules, but not everyone will be playing in that. You may be able to arrange a Blucher game with some of our other members.
von Lucky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Pete - if you're ever in Melbourne on the third Sunday of the month be sure to drop in. Look forward to seeing some of your scratch-built landships.

-Karsten
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: