leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello everyone!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
04Stefan07



Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Hello everyone! Reply with quote

Hello!

Just created my account and thought I would introduce myself.

I have just got into Flames of War which I have been interested in for a long time. I picked it up a while ago with a friend who lost interest which made me stop perusing the game. Recently I have picked it up again by purchasing the new rulebook and a few figures to get my force built up.

So for the next bit I will be reading the rulebook and building up my force!

Cheers,
Stefan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyler
Site Admin


Joined: 06 Jul 2009
Posts: 629

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Stefan,

Welcome!

You're not the only new person to come along looking for Flames of War games in the last few weeks. And there are plenty of us that have been playing it forever. Always glad to have someone new come along for that game.

Our next meeting is on Sunday coming. You may be able to arrange a game with someone who can lend out any troops you don't have painted yet, though it may be a bit late as people tend to arrange their games a good week in advance here on the forum. But either way, feel free to swing by and say hello.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
04Stefan07



Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the warm welcome.

That's ok I probably can't make this Sunday anyway.

Is FoW played on a regular basis?
Can newcommers/beginners come down and watch/have a beginners game?
Are there tournaments?
What days do you guys usually meet?

As I am a newcommer to the game I will need a bit of time to read the rules and paint up my army (also balancing this with full time work).

I would love to come down and check it out.

heavy_shift16 wrote:
Hey Stefan,

Welcome!

You're not the only new person to come along looking for Flames of War games in the last few weeks. And there are plenty of us that have been playing it forever. Always glad to have someone new come along for that game.

Our next meeting is on Sunday coming. You may be able to arrange a game with someone who can lend out any troops you don't have painted yet, though it may be a bit late as people tend to arrange their games a good week in advance here on the forum. But either way, feel free to swing by and say hello.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richard



Joined: 12 Oct 2006
Posts: 1052
Location: Elsternwick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Stefan ,

Those who play FoW will talk to you more but

Yes FoW is played regularly

Yes you're more than welcome to visit and chat

Yes we'll help organize games for you

Yes there are tournaments (ours and others like the up coming Monday Knights tourney)

We meet Sundays , usually the third in the month ,check the front page of the web site for details

We are also happy to loan figures so you can get started while you get your force together
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
04Stefan07



Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information.

I will have to come down and visit!

Richard wrote:
Welcome Stefan ,

Those who play FoW will talk to you more but

Yes FoW is played regularly

Yes you're more than welcome to visit and chat

Yes we'll help organize games for you

Yes there are tournaments (ours and others like the up coming Monday Knights tourney)

We meet Sundays , usually the third in the month ,check the front page of the web site for details

We are also happy to loan figures so you can get started while you get your force together
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richard



Joined: 12 Oct 2006
Posts: 1052
Location: Elsternwick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ,

For something different come this Sunday and jump into an afternoon Napoleonic skirmish game .

You don't need to know the rules or bring anything - perfect Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
04Stefan07



Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard wrote:
Great ,

For something different come this Sunday and jump into an afternoon Napoleonic skirmish game .

You don't need to know the rules or bring anything - perfect Very Happy


Sorry I couldn't make it in today but will look at coming the next few times Smile.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
04Stefan07



Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

Been a while since I posted on here.

I was on holiday for a few months in sunny Europe and just got back.

I am planning to visit in December to have a look around and get involved in some games as I cannot make next weekend's meeting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leadgend



Joined: 03 Oct 2006
Posts: 684
Location: Brunswick

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to organize a game then it's best to post in the forum section for the period of the game you are interested in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cawdorthane



Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 949

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefan,

You will almost certainly be able to find a game that you can simply join in at the LoA on the day. Djagno is right, if you have a specific rules set in mind, then it is best to post your interest before hand. But we are (I hope) a welcoming bunch and if you cannot organise something yourself, it would be rare indeed for there to be nothing for you to simply jump into at the meeting.

cheers
Mark
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group