leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DW Campaign: Hurricane Season - Phase 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pawprint

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:07 am    Post subject: DW Campaign: Hurricane Season - Phase 1 Reply with quote

Hello all,

Now that this campaign has officially started, let's get things moving! We have a new player (Patrick) to replace Mark on the Coalition team. He's new to DW and will be borrowing my Russian Coalition fleet for his games, so please make him feel welcome.

I have yet to receive a Command Fleet from Michael B - please send it to me ASAP! Patrick, I will put together a Command Fleet for the RC to get you playing straight away.

For the potential uses of each player's 6 Command Points, please see the Rules thread in this sub-forum. Could everyone please email/PM me their chosen orders by the end of Sunday 11 October? This gives me the week to set things up before the club meeting on Sunday 18 October. Patrick, don't worry about it for this meeting. Smile

In addition, there will be some Phase-specific bonus missions in this campaign. Any player wishing to use one of these simply needs to include it among his orders list, specifying which flagships are being sent on that mission. Any other requirements must also be met (such as both sides paying for larger battles); if more players want to use an event than the event specifies, please decide among your team-mates who will actually play it out. While these events are worth bonus Campaign Points (CMP), all of these events are *optional* so don't feel compelled to try one if your fleet's been pounded flat the previous meeting. Smile

Phase 1 Threat Zones (general): Greater Antilles

Phase 1 events
Operation Hammerfall: Historically, the Prussian theater commander was "over-zealous" in pursuing Imperial Bond policy in the campaign, which led to a raid on the city of Miami.

Players: One per team
Threat Zones: Florida
Requirements:
* Terrain of 2-3 Medium islands plus 2-4 sandbars
* Each player spends 2+ CP on Covert actions
Benefit: +1 CMP if victorious

Island Hop: The Bond's forces begin sweeping through smaller Coalition outposts.

Players: Any
Threat Zones: Lesser Antilles
Requirements:
* Terrain of 2-3 Medium islands plus 1-2 Large islands
Benefit: +1 CMP if victorious

Cheers,
Michael A
Mercenary Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael, will it cost any additional CP to perform one of these optional missions ?

ie. first optional battle

1 CP to deploy Command Element
2+ CP for Covert Actions
1 CP to select Operation Hammerfall
up to 2 CP remaining.

Roger
Pawprint

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Roger,

No - you only need to specify the bonus mission you're taking and meet all other requirements. So for Operation Hammerfall, it would be a 3CP minimum as you described - one for the flagship to Patrol and two or more for Covert Actions because that's a listed requirement. Anything else is at the player's discretion.

Michael A
Guy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael,
Not sure I'm clear about the new mixed squadrons... So if I have a squadron of 2 Tribals and 1 Agincourt, which is destroyed, will it cost 2 cp to repair (cos it's a medium squadron) or 3 pts (cos it's a medium squadron plus an attachment)?
Cheers

Guy
Pawprint

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guy,

I'd treat it as if you had a full squadron of the relevant model and calculate losses from that. So for your example, that mixed squadron would cost 1CP for the Tribals (2 of 3 lost > 50% HP = a Damaged Medium squadron) and 0CP for the Agincourt (1 of 3 lost < 50% HP = not a Damaged Medium squadron). If the SGS had been 2 Tribals and *2* Agincourts, and all were lost, then it would be 2CP to fix (1CP each to Repair two Medium squadrons).

Does this help make it clearer? It may be simpler to treat the entire SGS as a single squadron, but most of them include models of multiple Sizes, making that option trickier. This also means that taking a smaller squadron can be cheaper to replace - if a squadron's size range is 2-3 and a player takes a group of 2 (which is destroyed) the squadron needs to be Repaired (2 of 3 lost > 50% HP) instead of Replaced (3 of 3 lost = 100% HP). Any better? Smile

Michael A
Guy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael,
Makes sense. Incidentally, I've PM'd my revosed command fleet to you.

Cheers
Guy
jared

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to other commitments, I am unable to play a campaign game at the october meeting. If anyone on the good (?) team (I'm still unclear about which is which) is interested in a game on Saturday evening then I could organize to get down to Melbourne for that.
Martin Morgan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have left this a little late to ask questions, but here goes anyway.

Can I deploy multiple fleets in any one phase, and if so do they have to be in different threat zones?

Can you spend CP's on covert operations in any threat zone or just the area where covert operations are specified?

Regards
Martin
Pawprint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin,

You can deploy multiple fleets (cost of 1 CP per flagship deployed) in any listed Threat Zone - even the same zone. We found last month that one battle per meeting is probably the optimal way to play. If you have multiple fleets on the map and multiple opponents, you can choose which one you want to play with on the day. Covert actions are assigned to a flagship, so they happen in any battle that flagship participates in. Some of the bonus missions will specify Covert Actions, so they must be bought for at least one flagship assigned to that mission.

Michael A
Pawprint

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all!

It looks like we'll have four campaign players at LOA on Sunday - Roger (IB), Barry (IB), Guy (GC) and Martin (GC), which should give us two campaign games. If anyone else is interested in playing on the day but hasn't sent in orders, we'll try to work something out. Patrick, if you are there and want a game, I'll be bringing my Russian fleet and a sample Command Fleet for you. We have also lost another Coalition player, as Michael B has had to withdraw.

Michael A
Pawprint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Well, we had two campaign battles last meeting. I must say, it's been a while since I've seen that many exploding sixes in the same roll...twice. Smile But fun was had by all, so I count this as a win.

Roger's Prussians faced off against Martin's Britannians for the Island Hop mission. Dirty tricks were enjoyed on all sides, but at the end of the day the Prussians won decisively after the destruction of the KoB flagship HMS King George, earning +5 Campaign Points.

The other battle was Barry's EoBS against Guy's KoB in a general fight. Luck both good and bad was in plentiful supply, but the Blazing Suns force conceded defeat after their commodore's battleship was damaged and their supporting command gyro INBS Red Dragon was shot down, earning -4 Campaign Points for the Britannians.

This leaves the Campaign Score after Phase One at +1. The Imperial Bond currently need another 9 CMP to win the campaign!

I will start a new thread for Phase 2 soon. I have also edited the Rules thread based on feedback from the last meeting, so please check it out if you are playing in the campaign!

Michael A
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: