leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cancon Entry Filling Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject: Cancon Entry Filling Up Reply with quote

I was speaking with a few people yesterday about how weird the entry process for Cancon 2016 has been. They're using a new system, and obviously having some issues.

For a while there were only a few tournaments on the entry page (here: www.cgs.asn.au/cancon/tournaments/ ) and the weird thing is that there was no indication that more events were coming. For example, my FOG:N tournament was there, but there was no FOG:R or FOG:AM. I had a couple people sign up for my event who wanted to play Renaissance, and somehow thought I was running all three.

Now they've added a bunch more tournaments to the list, including FOG:R. But the FOG:R tournament has a picture of ancients miniatures, so it's still a bit confusing.

Presumable the rest of the events will be added soon, but there's still no text explaining any of that.

But the latest complaint I've heard from a couple people online is that space is filling up fast. Apparently the large tournaments that were opened for entry early, 40k, Warmachine/Hordes, etc, are getting a lot of players. And there's no upper limit to how many they can have, unlike smaller events that are asked to provide a cap to how much space they'll take. So it's likely that many of the smaller events will be cancelled to make more room for these larger tournaments. Especially because the smaller events aren't receiving entries yet (which could possibly be related to the fact that they haven't been opened for entry, but who am I to ask such impertinent questions?)

Of course this could all just be the usual gamer internet rumour mill, and come to nothing. I'm not getting any response to my email to organisers asking about it, but they're busy and probably haven't seen it yet.

But since entry is open to FOG:R, FOG:N, Flames of War and Saga...if you were planning to enter any of those, it might be an idea to get your entries in sooner rather than later.
DougM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Cancon Entry Filling Up Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
I was speaking with a few people yesterday about how weird the entry process for Cancon 2016 has been. They're using a new system, and obviously having some issues.

I spoke to Tim (CGS) last week, and yes, there have been a few teething problems, plus organisers not getting their details in yet. But places are filling fast, at the moment they are predicting 200% demand.

Get your entries in now if you want to play. If the event doesn't go ahead you will get a refund. Remember: you need to book a) the number of days the event runs for - 1/2/3 day 'entry' as well as the specific event.

Doug M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: