leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DW Campaign reboot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jared

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for not responding Guy. Not a lot of time for gaming just at the moment- let alone looking at the forum. No problems lending out the fleet but I'm not really sure when.
Guy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jarred,
No worries, just thought it would be fun to try out something different. It was for last week, and I used my Prussians instead, which seemed to go OK. Not sure what Roger's got in mind for next time, but I'm assuming it will be back to our core nation, so unlikely to need to borrow your's now.
Hope life calms down a bit for you.

Cheers
Guy
Guy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ryan,
Thanks for the game last week - once we cleared up I found a dark green dice under the table - Is it your's? ... has anyone else lost one?

Guy
Noah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy wrote:
Hi Ryan,
Thanks for the game last week - once we cleared up I found a dark green dice under the table - Is it your's? ... has anyone else lost one?

Guy

May possibly be mine, one of my dice vanished midgame. Though given what those dice are like (1s... 1s... 1s...) I'm not fussed about not getting it back

- Ecclesiastes (and me)
Guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case you can definitely have it back!
Mercenary Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy wrote:
In that case you can definitely have it back!

and Noah finally thought that his luck had turned with that die. Very Happy
Martin Morgan

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking to play a campaign gam at the next meeting. Are we still playing the 1250pt allied fleet scenario? If so can someone lend me a Russian fleet?

Regards
Martin
Pawprint

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Martin: The question is not "Can somebody lend me a Russian fleet?" but "Michael, how many Russian Coalition fleets can you lend me?" Smile

Don't worry, I have you covered. Send me an email/PM of what you'd like to field and I can bring it on Sunday. The catch is that they are all painted resin grey. Smile I can also supply aerial units if you want.

Cheers,
Michael A
Guy

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gents,
I won't be around on Sunday as work is getting in the way. Hope to catch up next time. Is anyone interested in heading up to Bendigo on the 12th June for a DW tournament?

Cheers

Guy
Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gents,
Are we playing more campaign games this weekend? I missed the last meet, so not sure where we're up to. Hope to catch you Sunday.
Cheers
Guy
Mercenary Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy wrote:
Hi Gents,
Are we playing more campaign games this weekend? I missed the last meet, so not sure where we're up to. Hope to catch you Sunday.
Cheers
Guy

Hi Guy,

Barry, Michael and I are taking a break from Dystopian Wars and having a game of Star Wars X-Wing this meeting.

We are at possibly three different places within the campaign at present due to player availability /absence.

Any other takers for either DW or X-Wing ?
Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roger,
As I didn't play last time, my preference would be for D-Wars if anyone fancies a game, but if no takers then would definitely give X-Wing a go. I'll probably bring both.
Guy
Pawprint

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I'm hoping for a game of X-Wing, I can probably be dragged into D-Wars if necessary. I also have received my copy of the new Fleet Action rules, so if anyone wants to try them and see just how quickly they play compared to the regular rules, that can also be arranged.

Frankly, I'll just bring a bit of everything and try to squeeze in what I can. If anyone else wants to try X-Wing, I'll have plenty of spare ships to put something together.

@Roger: Were you hoping for a large (say, 200-250 squadron points per side/player) X-Wing battle? Or were you aiming at multiple smaller battles so people can practice with new ships, new lists, and try crazy tactics without fear of the consequences?

@Guy: If nobody else wants to play D-Wars I can probably be roped in. Since we've played each other in a campaign game before, would you be happy with doing it again or would you prefer taking on another opponent?

@Everyone: Honestly, I just want to play *something* at this meeting. I'm flexible on exactly what it is.
Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael,
Like you, I'll bring along a couple of options. Happy to play you again in D-Wars if you like - I just bought some Italian's that I'm keen to give a shot, but have also picked up some X-Wing ships, so will bring both. I haven't looked at the Fleet action rules yet - what do you think of them?
Guy
Pawprint

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Guy: From a quick read of DW:FA (that's an odd acronym...I'm just gonna call it Dwarf Wars Smile ) it should play well and fairly fast. It's very similar to the fast-play Firestorm:Taskforce rules Spartan Games put out. Whether it also works to do the 3000 point epic armada clashes most players are thinking about...well, I'll need something to do next month during the LoA tournament, won't I? Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: