leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

28mm Longstreet Campaign

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Horse & Musket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patonius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:04 am    Post subject: 28mm Longstreet Campaign Reply with quote

Having painted a couple of hundred 28mm ACW minis in the last 6 weeks...was looking to see if there would be any interest in a Longstreet campaign, to start mid this year.

For those that have played Maurice, there are a lot of similar concepts, and the rules are card enhanced.

Inital starting forces (as per the rulebook for the campaign) would be -

120 infantry
3 cannon and crew (specifically starting with 2 x 6 pounders and 1 x howizter)
16 cavalry

Cheers

Darren
Captain Darling

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Longstreet Reply with quote

Ah if I were in Melbourne I'd be in for sure, Longstreet is a good playing system and the campaign feature is great! I find the post battle process almost as much fun as the battles. I have a quibble with no 'regimental morale' but I live it as its a good set of rules resulting in close games (most times anyway and that railway embankment scenario is nasty for the attackers haha).

120 infantry so your using 40 figures on 10 four figure bases per regiment that would look impressive, I play this with 6mm figures!

Got any pictures of your finished figures to share?

Quote from Blackadder Series IV Episode 4
Michael Bornstein

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas all my ACW are in 15/18mm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Horse & Musket All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: