leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dare to dream diatribe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew v I

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:25 am    Post subject: Dare to dream diatribe Reply with quote

Hello

Those who were at the LoAs yesterday would have seen that Noah had organized a WW1 naval game so that folk could learn the rules with a view to gaming Dogger Bank in June and Jutland in July (with 250 ships!). Mark and I were the only players. Noah was expecting several more, but they didn't show up or chose to do something else.

Noah is a young gamer. He has invested his time and money into trying to stage a large and unusual game for his fellow LoAs members (how many times are you likely to game Jutland in one lifetime?). In effect, he has offered a big gift to LoAs members.

If we want people to make the effort to stage big games like this and if we want to encourage a young member like Noah, then we need to get behind his effort. So, I'm hoping that a few more people will put up their hands for Noah's big project.

I hope that I haven't embarrassed Noah by this post, but I felt like it needed to be said. Now for a Bex and a good lie down.

Regards
Richard

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true , I have loved seeing Noah give the club something different and I'm sure the shake down cruise provided lots of ways to improve the outcome .

I hope lots of members who are interested in this famous encounter ( or just think it would be fun to sink Mark ) jump in the for the real one .
Andrew v I

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Richard

Can we put you down as a participant?

Regards
Richard

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No , sadly not my area of interest
Andrew v I

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my period either, but, if we all said that, then I guess that no one would participate. I guess, however, that you need to have at least some level of curiosity to give it a try. Personally, I think that a big joint enterprise like this generates its own interest, even if you're not that excited by the period.
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard wrote:

I hope lots of members who are interested in this famous encounter ( or just think it would be fun to sink Mark ) jump in the for the real one .

Now there's a call to arms if ever I heard one....

cheers
"There's something wrong with our bloody ships today" Mark
Noah

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey!

Thank you Andrew!

- Ecclesiastes (and me)
m.gray

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping to come late after another family bloody function but deserting under fire was poorly viewed
I have ordered the rules.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: