leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which figures.......?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Modelling and Painting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Green

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Which figures.......? Reply with quote

I'm starting on my army for next years 30YW theme for the tournament. At the speed I paint, they might just get finished in time!!
I picked up some figures off eBay a while ago, Jacobite Miniatures. I'm painting them up as Early Swedish.
What I bought covers infantry, artillery and dragoons. The cavalry looks a bit naff though - broken swords and midget horses, so I need to get some more.
Hence the question...... what figures? The Jacobites are definitely at the small end of the 15mm range, so no 18mm giants allowed.
I am looking at Old Glory at the moment, but seem to recall that they might have sent Shetland ponies in the past as well.

What are your recommendations?
Richard

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets talk next meeting or a game before then and rummage thru my spares box is my first recommendation !
Mick.G

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Steve, I'm painting early swedes too. I posted photos of my work in progress. Photos are in the Japanese section of the forum, yes I am an idiot and hopeless on a computer!
Steve Green

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Richard, I hope it is a big spares box because I need about 20 bases of cavalry!! I'll use some of the horses I've got on my dragoon unit, but I need figures for all of the cav for the army - and figs for 4 generals as well.

Mick, I used the Early Swedes in the tournament last year - my first games of FOGR. Nothing like jumping in the deep end!! Moving some Swedish salvo foot directly at the closest enemy infantry seems like a plan even I can understand, and I'm interested to get used to the army to see what it can do.
Nice figures by the way. Are they Essex?
Just saw your comment about the figs being Testudo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Modelling and Painting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: