leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wargaming Plans for 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
von Lucky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject: Wargaming Plans for 2017 Reply with quote

It's that time of the year again to make plans for the year ahead. I went to Eureka yesterday and bought a few things to finish off projects and armies. I'm writing this down as a list to hopefully remind myself through the year of what I should be able to finish off.

Team Yankee/Flames of War Vietnam
I plan to finish off my American/UN force to 100 points and get some games in. That's doable. as it's nearly all assembled and base coated and about 40 points painted.

If the interest holds, I'll:
- start on the American opfor: Serbians in the Yugoslav Wars (including Kosovo), composed of mixed infantry and tanks (like T-72s and T-34s);
- start on the UN opfor: Haitian street gangs (AK-47 Republic Africans I got from Peter Pig years ago); and
- start on the ~1000 points of PAVN infantry and ~500 points of tanks (T-55s & PT-76s) for Flames of War Vietnam that have in the last week have interested my enough for me to clean them up and base them before I start painting (undecoating) them.

Tribal
I now have 18 Maori warriors, so this is a small-sized force I can paint in a couple of weeks. Mana Press are also due to release a cavemen version of these rules (and Eureka has made some Denisovans to go with it), but I want to get the Maori force done first before getting distracted by other versions of the rules.

15mm Historicals
Basically lumping these together as there's overlap in my collection (and they can be used for several different rulesets).

- L'Art de la Guerre: I want to get a few games in and see what I need to finish off for the LoA tournament in November. There's probably only one or two battlegroups I need to finish painting to complete my late medieval European collection.
- DBA: like LDLG haven't played the new rules yet, so I definitely want to play a few games of this too. Maybe paint the Haiwaiians (that now have all the elements to bring them to v3) for a Monday Knights tournament later in the year.
- Field of Glory Renaissance: get the last few battlegroups I have for this period half painted finished off before the LoA tournament in April.
- Field of Glory Napoleonic: won't get my army completed, nor play a game (v1 or v2 if it's out), but I do intend to finish a couple of light horse (lancers, etc) before the end of the year.

Bolt Action
I've got a 1000 point British army ready to go, so really just want to get a few games in. If modivated, there's 1000 points of late war Germans I have prepped to face them.

Warhammer English Civil War
I have a whole army of unpainted 28mm Montrose Scots (Eureka Miniatures and Warlord Games) that really should have more than a unit of dragoons painted. 2017 might be that year. The ruleset could be changed too, if that means I get a game or two happening.

Throughout the year I'll also paint bits and pieces (28mm Afghanistan moderns, 28mm Conan board game miniatures, 3mm & 6mm moderns, etc).

Of course this plan can all change if a game or miniature range comes along that grabs my attention.

So, what are your wargaming plans for 2017?
Mick.G

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Resolutions for 2017 Reply with quote

wishlist for 2017:

FOGR: finish Early Thirty Years War Swedes. Two brigades of infantry painted, three more to go plus two horse, commanded shot and artillery. Hoping to be ready for the April tourney but not holding my breath.

FOGN: paint two bases of Uhlans and they're done. Unless the revised rules change things?

Flames of War: motorcycles reconnaissance for Early War Polish and armoured cars for Soviets and they're both done. Just need to get better at the game!

L'Art de la Guerre: ordered the rule book and hoping to be able to morph some TYW Swedes into late medieval something.

SAGA: just finished my Welsh war band.

Play more games.
jared

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question, Von Lucky. Good also to hear about the Montrose army- I still hold out hope for a Scottish rumble some day.

Small goals for me in 2017.

Adlg- would like to finish the Goth army I have started. It would also be nice to start some Late Roman opponents for them. Mainly using the terrific Legio Heroica models.

I have a hankering also to try this game with 28mm toys. Saljuq Turks (without too much re-basing) or even the big pile of unpainted Italian wars plastics which I keep trying to avoid.

Chain of command- finish the FFL army which has taken way too long to get done.
Captain Darling

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: 2017 stuff... Reply with quote

Well I like men with plans and goals!

2017 for me well...

Get lots more VSF modelling and gaming on the go.

Rlad Trip to Melbourne Little Wars if I can convince a couple of mates to come along!

Try an AWI game.

Try a Blucher game.

Play more WW II games than usual...

I sure there'll be the regular tabke top and board games with mates too...

Quote from Blackadder Series IV Episode 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: