leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ADLG question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Ancients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Green

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: ADLG question Reply with quote

I'm starting to think about army lists for the comp later this year (what, timely preparation? Unheard of!!), and I have a question.
When you use an allied corps as part of your army, what can be in that corps? I know that all units from the allied list must be in this corps, but can other units from the original list be in the corps also?
E.g. If I use a Condotta list with a Swiss ally, could I put a couple of units of Condotta units in with the Swiss?
I realise that all units in the allied corps would be subject to the risk of being hesitant.
Richard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I think its only the ally in the corps but let me see if I can find the rule
I do like your shifty mind tho Twisted Evil
Steve Green

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a look for it myself, and found the bit where it says all the units from the allied list must be in the one corps (it's in the section just before the lists), but I don't think it specifically prohibits having other units in there as well. The reason I ask is that I'm pretty sure I saw a competition list on the ADLG wiki on the Madaxeman's website that was only possible if this is permitted, but do you think I can find it again??
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve

I think it is clear from the Allied Corps rules on p.78 that the Allied Corps can only comprise allied troops:

"...To use an allied corps the player refers to the corresponding army list and chooses units from it with the following restrictions..."

None of the bullet point restrictions that follow the above passage support any contention that units from the main army list can then be included in the allied corps

Nice try though..... Wink

cheers
Mark
Steve Green

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think you are right. I have a feeling that the lists I saw might have mistakenly called a corps allied when in fact it's commander was just unreliable. Ah well, back to the drawing board! Rolling Eyes
Cawdorthane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, there are always issues when the rules are translated from the writer's primary language, even if the PB/WRG/DBx or FoG experiences prove that native English speaking authors can be just as obtuse (with less excuse). Nevertheless, it is always good to think outside the box as that fairly tests assumptions which may not necessarily be quite as sound as we think...

cheers
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Ancients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: