leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Practice L'Art De La Guerre Game for Newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Ancients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cameron Wilson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Practice L'Art De La Guerre Game for Newbie Reply with quote

Hi there, after a long absence from wargaming, I am keen to get to get back into the fray. I had the pleasure of coming to a couple of meetings late last year as an admiring observer. I have a few Arab / Berber armies and have previously played DBM.

If anyone is prepared to spend a couple hours of gaming at this month's meeting with someone with only a vague understanding of the rules, let me know.

Also how do I go about becoming a paid up member?

Cheers Cameron
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cameron,

Would be happy to play an afternoon game of ADLG with you in the afternoon. Already have a morning game planned.

I can bring my Later Samurai, or use the League’s ancient Greeks or Romans. Whichever is closer to a historical opponent for you.
Cameron Wilson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tyler, an afternoon game would be great. What time do you think you will be available after your morning game? I will bring my figures which can cover 133 North African Arab, 196 Berber and 135 Abbasid Arab. Cheers Cameron
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should be done by 1pm. ADLG plays quick, especially at 200 points.

Some people play at 300, and the tournament at Cancon that some of us are travelling to is 300 points. But the League's tournaments are 200 points, and that's what I'll have this Sunday. It's a better points level for learning, too, as it's quicker.

I don't have a historically accurate opponent for any of those lists, sorry. But if you don't mind that, I'll see you for a game Sunday afternoon!
Cameron Wilson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tyler, No issue with any army you want to use. I will see you at 1.00 pm. Cheers Cameron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Ancients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: