leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zombies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ara

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Zombies Reply with quote

Just posting some pics of the zombie game we played. All in all good fun, although - given the fact that all of the players attacked each other throughout the game - I don't think the zombies were our worst enemies. Favourite bits of the game? The bank teller, infected with a zombie virus, dies horribly from a flying office-chair thrown at him by one of his workmates. In fact, workplace morale was at an all-time low as staff started to attack each other with a variety of staple-guns, fire-axes and letter-openers.

A view of the bank, with the robbers threatening hostages.

The poor old bankteller, in grey polyester suit, shortly before he gets an office chair in the back of his head.

Cops come flying to the rescue but, once the $hit hits the fan and they're facing a horde of zombies, they conveniently remember they left their weapon reloads in the patrol car and disappear.

Some zombies shuffle through the carpark. A getaway driver tried to steal a car, but he couldn't get it started in time and his terrified cries could be heard as he succumbed to the wave of undead...
Shocked

Anyways, thanks to the guys who organised and ran the game. Much fun and laughter had by all of us.
Ian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Cheers Ara! Reply with quote

Thanks to all who played, and especially to Ara for capturing these horrific scenes for posterity.

The theme for the game was:

"They came from below... ATTACK OF THE SEWER ZOMBIES!"

The nearby pharmaceutical warehouse had burned down after the last zombie outbreak ("We had to destroy the art gallery to save the town"). Unfortunately a combination of toxic chemicals released into the sewers during the fire, and poor town planning (really, who builds a cemetary over a sewer main?) led to this latest outbreak of reanimation in the oh-so-unlucky town of Lawnford, USA.

As zombies started to emerge from manholes a bank heist was in progress, but the bank robbers were caught in front of the counters when the security screens went up at the start of the game. With the silent alarm triggered it was only a matter of time before the police turned up.

However, the security guards decided to be heroes and lowered the screens to take a few inaccurate shots at the bloodthirsty bandits (who had decided that executing hostages was a good strategy!).

From there it all went downhill!

The bank manager survived by hiding in the vault, along with a couple of the would-be-robbers and one teller who were preparing to make a last stand behind the bank counters as the game came to a close.

Another zombie uprising in Lawnford put to rest... phew! I wonder what will cause the next one?
Ian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Details. details Reply with quote

Props to local lads Nic and co from Eureka for the modern office furniture. It wouldn't have been the same without the office chairs!

The police were metal figures by Tactical Miniatures (now OOP?).

Every other figure on the board was plastic. The (probably well over 100-strong by now) zombie horde is made up of unique conversions from all sorts of sources as well as repainted Horrorclix, Dreamblade and Heroclix figures. The nice things about this are (a) there are no repeats, every figure is different, and (b) at the end of the game they can be thrown back into a box without me having to worry about the paint being scratched.

The unpainted "Zombies!!!" game figures visible in some shots were "kill markers" - humans gained experience as they killed zombies, and could essentially "level up" significantly improving their chance of doing, well, anything.

The rules were my own home-brewed set. It's funny, until I played with this bloodthirsty and paranoid lot I hadn't really thought the rules would need to cover humans going for each other! The nice thing about the rules, to my mind, is that they're Cooperative (except where the players refuse to cooperate - but what I mean is that there is no zombie "player" or GM). The zombies are "automated" and have a list of targets they will shuffle towards, leaving all of the human players free to control the more interesting humans. I even got to run a few hostages and a hobo, not that any of them survived!

Anything else you're curious about? Feel free to ask.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: