leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wild West gaming (or others)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Wild West gaming (or others) Reply with quote

Hello, I am a newcomer to LoA, who gamed with dapooley at the club some time back and am wondering if there is any interest in Wild West gaming (esp. LotOW rules) at the club?

As a longer introduction (there didn't seem to be an appropriate forum for this), I have a GW gaming background before Mr Pooley introduced me to the wider world of gaming (Full Thrust firstly). Since then I have taken an interest in historical based gaming: Crossfire for WW2, LotOW, and am working on my interest in WW1 naval conflicts via various rule sets (General Quarters, Coal and the Kaiser and my own mod of GQ) and would like to run a map based campaign around these. However, I am broadly interested in the middle ages and don't mind playing grand battles, I just don't own any armies/rules for these eras. Also, I am intrigued by skirmish level games of almost any genre.

So, if you have an interest in any games I have mentioned or are looking for a someone to play another game then I'm interested to hear from you.

Regards,
Paul
ara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

sounds like you have an interesting array of gaming interests. There's a few guys playing LotoW at LoA - we haven't been playing for all that long, probly 4-5 months. So far we have a couple of lawmen posses, a couple of outlaws, a gang of US cavalry, and some cowboy posses as well.

You're most welcome to join in and have a game at the next LoA meet - just keep an eye out for a large polynesian playing with cowboys and spouting out bad spaghetti-western quotes. Come up, say hello, and join in!

We play in 28mm with foundry/artisan/eureka figs mainly. If you don't have anything, we're happy to share our toys. Laughing

As for other games that you might be interested in, we play skirmish-level Back of Beyond/Pulp (chinese warlords, zeppelin troopers, british archaeologists etc). Also building/painting 1/1200 ships for games utilising Tristan's 'Weather Gauge' set of napoleonic naval rules. We're also very interested in skirmish level games - currently vacillating between different interests in 16-17th centry Samurai, 28mm WW2, Maori Wars, 15mm Napoleonics (Sharpe-type games) etc etc. If you're interested in any of this, just let us know.

ara
paulc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ara,

Thanks for that, I'll pack my cowboys next meeting (19 Aug) and see you there!

Damo has mentioned BoB to me and I think someone (prob. you guys) were playing when I gamed FPW with him - sounds very cool, Indiana Jonnes and all that. I'd be interested in giving that a go too.

Cheers,
Paul
ara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, will see you there Paul. Probly be around after 10am. Will chat about BoB and ww1 dreadnaughts etc. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: