leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index leagueofancients.org.au
League of Ancients

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battle of Vitoria refight 30 December

Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Napoleonics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Gordon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Battle of Vitoria refight 30 December Reply with quote

Due to a number of players being away, we will take a break from the campaign over Christmas. Next orders (TURN 5) are therefore only due on Saturday 5 January.

Anyone who is around and wanting a practice game, John Shaw and I will be having a battle at my house on 30 December. I'm hoping to do a Peninsular refight, either Talavera or Vitoria (depending on if anyone else joins us). Anyone wanting to learn the rules is also welcome to join in.

Otherwise, happy Christmas and New Year to everyone. I hope Santa Claus brings you all lots of (painted) armies.

Cheers
Richard
Adrian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Refight on 30th Reply with quote

Hi Richard,
Hope you had a great xmas with family and are having a good rest. I would love to be involved in the refight on the 30th. Please let me know the details.
Cheers
Adrian Very Happy
Adrian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Refight on 30th Reply with quote

Hi Richard,
Hope you had a great xmas with family and are having a good rest. I would love to be involved in the refight on the 30th. Please let me know the details.
Cheers
Adrian Very Happy
Adrian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Refight on 30th Reply with quote

Hi Richard,
Cheers
Adrian Very Happy
Richard Gordon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iíve had a good response to this. We have 5 players confirmed now so thatís enough to do Vitoria (and seems only right to do an 1813 battle to see in 2013!).

To tempt anyone else who wants to play (or even just drop in for a look) I have set up the battlefield and a lot of the figures. Go to the link to see the pictures.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2343143697574970624#editor/target=post;postID=1403122422433239056

For those who are coming, we are starting at 9am (and I expect weíll go on until about 5pm). A lot of the British forces arrive through the day so if youíre a bit late thatís fine (but youíll then probably play British).

Iíll provide a sausage sizzle for lunch on the braai-beque (in South Africa we call a barbeque a braai, so Iíve created a mutant ). I canít promise much more than iced water to drink (ask Stubbs) so if you want anything much more exotic than that, byo.

Anyone else who wants to come, youíre very welcome. Let me know and I'll give you my details.

Cheers
Richard
Richard Gordon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this link - I don't think the last one is right

http://1813campaignloa.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/meanwhile-in-spain.html
Michael Bornstein

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On behalf of the other players, I would like to thank Richard for putting the game on.

Michael
Richard Gordon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a pleasure, and thanks to everyone who came, especially those who came from a long way away.
David Inglis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was fun, makes me keen to play some more with these rules. Maybe get some lead sometime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    leagueofancients.org.au Forum Index -> Napoleonics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: